Translate

Saturday, January 23, 2016

Spiritual Songs List (Ongoing)

The purpose of this post is to collect links to my all-time favorite pieces of music, which I can tap into for inspiration and to enhance private times of worship.  Some songs may seem a bit less ethereal, but speak directly to some experience of my life, and I want to be able to recall it fondly.

John Lennon's "Imagine"

Enya's "Pilgrim"

"Gentle Woman, Peaceful Dove"

"Czarna Madonna"

"Barka"

"Pan Jezus Juz Sie Zbliza"

"Panie Dobry Jak Chleb"

"Dzieki O Panie"

Carrie Underwood's "Jesus, Take the Wheel"

Mercy Me's "I Can Only Imagine"

Downhere's "How Many Kings"

Tobymac's "Made To Love"

Schubert's "Ave Maria"

From the movie Sister Act, "Hail Holy Queen Enthroned Above"

From the movie Sister Act, "I Will Follow Him"

One Bread, One Body

Here I am, Lord

Mary Mary "Shackles Praise You"

You are the air I breathe

Mary, did you know

Alanis Morisset "What if God was one of us?"

REM's "Losing My Religion"


Nonreligious.......

Oh jak bardzo cie kocham (comes to mind when cuddling my daughter)
Cruel Summer (from soundrack of Karate Kid, came to mind when my BFF passed on in June, just weeks before I was to visit her)
Savage Garden's "Truly, Madly, Deeply" (my ideal romantic song)
Ace of Base's "Angel Eyes" (Our song, I wrote out the lyrics in his first Valentine's Day card)
Eric Clapton's "Lady in Red" (I got married in red, always makes me think of it)

No comments:

Post a Comment