Translate

Thursday, April 25, 2024

What is church for?

What is church for?

If for worship of God..... how about nature instead?

If for self-education.... how about documentaries, books, field trips, and community lectures instead? 

If for value-building.... how about social justice pursuits and charitable giving?

If for community.... how about seeking out people with shared values and common interests?  What are those?

I, for one, value global citizenship and environmental stewardship, as well as home education and individual liberty.  I enjoy music, especially singing, but also dancing, drumming, and poetic martial art movement (aka QiGong and Taiji).  I enjoy Eastern spirituality/philosophy as well as Pagan nature/magic.  I love to read and watch documentaries, as well as go on silent or guided retreats in nature.  I enjoy people watching and good food (especially chocolate).  I like to think and write.  I enjoy learning mindfullness through meditation and learning a new skill, like sign language or playing an instrument or painting or knitting or baking.  I want to BE in the world, and be aware of being in the world.  

No comments:

Post a Comment