Translate

Monday, July 25, 2022

Can Anyone Live Without Faith?

I don't think so.  Atheists, agnostics, secularists, humanists - they're all operating based on certain assumptions that have not been proven, just like religious folks do!  The thing with the existence of God is that you cannot disprove God's existence.  The best you can do is assume that the reason you haven't "found" God is that God doesn't exist, but that's a leap of faith right over the explanation given by religious folks: namely, that God want us to seek Him, and He will make Himself known only to those who seek Him with a sincere heart.  

Some people accept this on faith and choose to believe.  Some people accept the opposite on faith and choose not to believe.  There is no evidence to settle the matter, not in the realm within science and materialism operate.

With this understanding, I find myself at a crossroads - do I choose to believe, or do I choose to doubt?  Because either way I'm taking a leap of faith.  I'm making assumptions, I'm making a decision to follow a certain worldview.  


No comments:

Post a Comment